TLS 0.26% $3.85 telstra group limited

so nbn is good for tls?

1. 1,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    The below post is my opinion;

I don't think anybody could claim the NBN is good for telstra given the share price performance.

If the split legislation hadn't got through and the coalition were back in power tls sp would have flown.

IMO tls management is clueless, still saying telstra is going to compete in cloud computing, media and entertainment (I presume telco retail as well) ---- I don't think these guys know what they are doing.

I am offended by telstra management who indicate NBN is good for the company (ie 11 bill for core network is not good - analysts used to pencil in 20-30 bill for what was undeniably core infrastructure).

I suspect tls shareprice will go quite well for the next couple of years as it reflects money from the compo payment. However, in 6 years time when managment have worked out that the company can't compete globaly in cloud computing, media and entertainment (plus the compo payments start to dry up) I suspect the share price might start to look quite precarious.

I reckon the managment should takeover Suncorp now (the only risk being that we have a housing correction). Entry into this sector is where I see the best potential for growth. The big 4 have plus 50 bill market capitalisations.

disclaimer;the above post is my opinion and is not to be used for making any decisions. The above post has been submitted purely for entertainment purposes.

An indirect interest recently offloaded call options striking at 2.75, however, was still long on a core share holding - so I hope the share price goes up.

I have not stated a sentiment as the company is at the mercy of an atrocious labor government and a witless management.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.85
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $44.48B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.89 $3.83 $65.77M 17.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 64426 $3.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.86 192676 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.