Putin is now openly speaking about using tactical nuclear...

1. 84,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Putin is now openly speaking about using tactical nuclear weapons

well done that man. Of course we have the precedent set by our good mates America of having been the only people to have used atomic weapons for their designed purpose - and on civilian targets -

but, since WW2 - in this modern era, the world has used a little common sense and although stocking the locker with copious amounts of the dreaded things --- we have not fired any at anyone else.

now Putin is making noises about setting a new precedent ------ and if it comes to pass - then a '1 kiloton' weapon this week - will become a 5 kiloton weapon next week.

well done humanity. well done.

Of course Putin is up against it - because he's got no clear way out of this war. So, god knows what he will do. It's IMO unlikely to be some kind of chessboard bluff strategy - what would be the point? - no one is going to take any steps back because he's openly saying - I'll open the locker if you threaten my territory.

I said right in the early days of the war that someone had to think from Putin's point of view - that now is as important as ever

how can he back out of this? ----------- and no need for simplistic infantile ideas such as 'just go home' ---------------- that's an impossible political move for him - always was.

the way things are atm - is that there's no clear way out for him - and if it escalates to tactical nuclear warheads being used -----

that's a very very very slippery slope ----------- for all of us. Including Ozzies who might feel safe a long way from the action ------- that's a false feeling of security in a nuclear world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.