So Putin, page-10

1. 84,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''If Russia continues with its scorched earth practices there'll be a large buffer zone between it and hostile NATO countries which would likely be exactly what Putin and his henchmen have wanted all along.''

I'm still in the dark as to what Putin really wanted in the first place ------------- I'm not convinced that all is as it seems. I think he began this as a changed person from who we thought we knew ------------ Macron said that after Covid he found Putin to be a very different person to whom he had known only a couple of years prior -

so, I'm not sure if we could have trusted or trust anything he says. I also said and think that one has to respect their enemy, be prepared for that enemy to do anything - and a lack of respect for someone with nuclear weapons is a dangerous thing to do

if one doesn't respect the power of the venom in a taipan - then that isn't the smartest mindset for handling the snake

I also think that one has to have empathy for ones enemy ---------- if one doesn't at least attempt to empathise - then, one just cannot possibly understand what the next moves or how they will react to any actions will be.

I can't see how he can get out of this ------ one person said that he could back out now saying that he had the buffer he went in for - but, really -

if I try to put myself in his shoes and his chair ------------ if he did come out and say that, the world and Ukraine would consider that he was retreating and he would be seen in the light of defeat

I'd be stunned if Putin would accept being seen in that way. Not only would he feel (IMO) to be personally embarrassed, but he would appear to be the loser for far more around him than he is now - and that weakness would be very dangerous for him.

I fully agree with Biden who picked it ? must be about a year back now - when he said the it was difficult to see how Putin could get out of this war.

One year on - it's worse now, not better ------ IMO

On empathy - I always remember the supposed (perhaps fictionalised) words of Patton when he won a battle against what he thought was Rommel, but in fact it were Offices trained by Rommel ---------

on the win - Patton said with glee 'I read your book, you bastard' ----------- so he knew Rommel's mind somewhat - he could empathise somewhat

empathy is a cognitive attribute, not a personal trait

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.