"Do I smoke? yes, do I drink alcohol? yes, am I suffering from...

1. 6,351 Posts.
    "Do I smoke? yes, do I drink alcohol? yes, am I suffering from them? no in fact I'm the healthiest of all of my cousins, when I speak to them most of what they tell me is "this pain won't go away", "I can't walk far my joints won't let me", "the hospital doctor tells me my cancer is in remission" etc. etc.

I can imagine a FEW drinks might keep one well pickled, but the plight of relatives is sometimes just down to the lottery of who inherited what chromosome..... that being said, I do know of people who have given up wine then had a heart attack.... and another friend of mine who gave up smoking had a heart attack as well, virtually straight after he gave up......... in the case of my mate who gave up smoking, I think, according to him, his body was sending him messages to give up.... he still enjoys a FEW drinks and is alive almost 20 years later WITHOUT medication.... a little red wine is good for the stomach (and heart).... BUT smoking.... definitely not the best... but obviously, depending on how you fared in the genetic chromosome inheritance department this will determine your propensity for numbers of ailments "in the family (even slightly distant family) etc....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.