ATH 12.5% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

... so sorry, page-22

1. Mer
    1,311 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    k273

Thanks for that, but damn it's nice to have a rant sometimes. Running stuff often comes down to managing expectations and Prana screwed up - they hyped things up and set expectations sky high. Between the Roadshow, some interviews, and Rudy Tanzi defending his reputation (hint - next time just shut up and meditate. do not tweet), they blew the excitement up to a level that only some great results would justify. They also enticed some people in at a price that ensured a horrendous loss if it went wrong, and it did.

The science is still interesting, I just have a real gripe with the way they handled the lead up.

For instance - if it's been suspected for a while that Amyloid wasn't the best thing to go looking for and that the trial wasn't well powered for cognition then why not state it up front - something like 'Understanding has moved along since we designed this trial and we are no longer certain that Amyloid plaque measurement is a good indicator in AD. We also have a number of secondaries under test and are primarily using the results to help us design the next trial correctly and power it for the benefits we believe PBT2 is most likely to have.' My point is, if this is what they thought beforehand then this is what they should have stated beforehand and set the expectations accordingly. As it is, they just sound like weasel-words when stated after the event.

But yes, I think there's still life in this yet. That's why I hung on to a few.

cheers - a hopeful pessimist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $23.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $508 124.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
103 97947018 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 31179262 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.