The deliberate lying to the American people, downplaying the...

1. 10,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27

The deliberate lying to the American people, downplaying the severity and deadliness of covid 19, led by Trump, was a murderous conspiracy involving congress, the "intelligence" agencies and the media.

They are all guilty of murdering over 190,000 Americans. As demonstrated by Trump’s description of his phone call with Chinese president Xi Jinping, Chinese authorities were as transparent with US officials as they were with the public health community, precisely explaining the disease’s method of transmission, its fatality rate, and the measures necessary to contain it.

Woodward’s reporting is consistent with an account published in the Washington Post on March 20, which reported that lawmakers were repeatedly and extensively briefed about the danger posed by the pandemic.
    U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it.
    But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans.

“I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.” - Trump needed time to prepare the biggest bail out (gift) to the super rich in US history.

It is clear that everyone was in on this conspiracy except the broad mass of the population.

Among those deceived were Trump’s deluded followers among sections of the middle class and working class, who Trump secretly despises and whose lives mean nothing to him. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/11/pers-s11.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.