NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

hi ricmreif they did spin off another company, then nwt would be...

1. 1,476 Posts.
    hi ricm

re

if they did spin off another company, then nwt would be getting its fair share (well aimed for)

-- At least 20% could be 30% which if you do all the math is around $20m profit per year for the 10+ years life of the satellite.

-- The key here is the first one is the hardest, newsat actually want to launch 2 or more) with the 2nd sat NWT will have a greater share.

-- Newsat understand the scepticism, which is IMHO deserved, so they will go to some lengths to explain the plan without showing their hand to competitors who IMHO are in for a shock.

-- Management are also aware some could think of nothing worse than Newsat pulling this off. It would prove them wrong once and for all. From what I understand the deal is all but done, way more advanced than most could possibly give them credit for and once it's clear to all that the launch will go ahead you watch people come out of the woodwork to "get on board" so to speak.

-- More than 1/2 of the capacity must be pre-sold for this to work, I understand this is the case so the take home message for me was Newsat needs this capacity even without NBN. My gut feeling is Newsat won't win a contract to launch a satellite for the NBN but they are in with a great chance for the TT & C as this puts more control in the hands of Australians plus no company can match the NWT teleports. The NBN will however be tempted to use the Newsat satellite for a time if it beats theirs into orbit.

-- Govt have a history of hating TLS and loving foreign Optus and IP star which is strange since they talked everyone into buying TLS and they stood to make a packet if TLS keep doing well but the seat warmers in the dept of no broadband still carry some weight and their loyalty is not IMHO with Australia rather their mates.

Could be wrong just my feelings, TLS would do a deal with NWT but do they really want to help out the 10% that's least profitable, what has the Government done for TLS of late?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.