NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

WRT this court case:I do not believe that Bengwenyama are out to...

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    WRT this court case:

I do not believe that Bengwenyama are out to obtain, or are trying to poach the prospecting rights for the 2 Tubatse farms. However I do believe they are making sure that adequate compensation will be paid for the utilisation, access and disruption, mining and prospecting might cause on their land.

The most importent point to remember when looking at issues such as these is: Who applied for the prospecting right in the first place!!! Genorah.

The Bengwenyama community have lived on these farms for over 100 years and in all that time have never applied for or considered a prospecting right application. Genorah come along, probably with far too much arrogance, and apply for a prospecting permit. Genorah have every right to apply for such a permit and believed they had done so correctly.

With no mechanism for compensation in place for the disruption of land etc, the community was well within their right to make sure they were adequately compensated.

On reading todays judgement it seems Genorah just didn't understand what sort of consultation was needed to satisfy the communities reservations.

Genorah will have to pay or compensate the community and so might the DME/DMR. However NKWE will not lose it's prospecting rights.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.