NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

so what does it all mean, page-3

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    My understanding of the present situation is this:

NKWE paid Genorah for the prospecting rights to the Tubatse Farms. These rights were then legally transferred over to NKWE signed and sealed by the DMR.

The constitutional court case was all about Bengwenyama's right to appeal the original awarding of rights to Genorah.

In my mind Genoarah and the DMR are the entities with the problem.

If they retrospectively lose the mining rights to these 2 Tubatse farms - What happens? Will they have to compensate NKWE? How will they do this?

In the C Court decision, NKWE's rights to these farms has not been lost, rather, they have been set aside. What does this mean?

In my view NKWE legally acquired the prospecting rights. This is not disputed. NKWE could not have done anything better or differently on this level. However, the real question is did they do their due dilligence on who they were purchasing from?

I liken this situation to someone (this happened to me) who has to buy back goods, that were stolen from them, from a pawn shop. In this case, Genorah acquired the rights, as it turns out, unlawfully and then on sold these rights legally to NKWE. NKWE now legally own the rights. In my mind either the DMR or Genorah will have to compensate NKWE big time. NKWE has paid for these rights, has invested risk capital and has proven up a huge resource. When the rights were obtained by Genorah thats all they were; RIGHTS. NKWE are the entity that has added value to those rights.

In my view, the Community should be compensated via a small share of the rights to this project. What would have happend if all the drilling turned out to be a duster? What would the community be doing then? The fact that the results of drilling have proven a huge resource, has meant the community sees a huge opportunity.

I believe the community should be compensated, however it should be Genorah or the DMR that will pay. NOT NKWE. THEY WILL NOT LOSE OUT OF THIS!!!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.