NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Manjapra stated, "one of the bit that has been played out is -...

1. 1,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Manjapra stated,

"one of the bit that has been played out is - Anglo and ARMs so called 'new case'"

The following Reuters news summarises the outcome of this issue;

Anglo Platinum Limited, announced that the Company, Nkwe Platinum Limited (Nkwe), Genorah Resources (Pty) Limited (Genorah) and African Rainbow Minerals Limited (ARM) regarding the settlement in respect of prospecting licences over the farms De Kom 252KT, Garatouw 282KT, Hoepakrantz 291KT, Nooitverwacht 324KT and Eerste Geluk 327KT (the Farms). Following several meetings between Anglo Platinum, Nkwe, Genorah, ARM and the Department of Minerals and Energy (the DME) collectively (the Parties), the Parties are announced that agreement has been reached to settle the dispute that had arisen over the award of prospecting licences over the Farms by the DME. In terms of the agreement reached: The parties will abide by the original decisions of the DME, firstly in refusing the applications submitted by Anglo Platinum and secondly in awarding of prospecting licences to Genorah; The legal proceedings instituted by Anglo Platinum or its subsidiary companies, which were suspended in 2007, will be discontinued; and Anglo Platinum, Nkwe, Genorah and ARM will enter into commercial negotiations to consider joint exploitation of their respective mineral resources. The Parties are pleased that this matter has been amicably resolved and removes the uncertainty attached to the dispute, particularly for Nkwe and Genorah."

Manjapra, if the five Garatau/Tubatse farms are registered at the DMR as a "block holding" that can't be separated as a prospecting rights title (and I'm not saying that they are, I'm just throwing it out there), then, as the ownership of the prospecting rights to the two southern farms have been set aside, this could possibly trigger a fresh challenge by Anglo/African Rainbow Minerals over the entire farm holding.

Bear in mind, Nkwe has a strong argument that it retains a legally enforceable ownership stake in the prospecting rights to the Tubatse farms regardless of the court decision.

Hopefully there will be clarity on this on Tuesday.

Also you stated,

"I dont know how much representation I dont know how much representation Bengwenyama minerals has in Genorah - but I wish and hope that for ethical purposes they are well represented in Genorah with a justifiable holding has in Genorah - but I wish and hope that for ethical purposes they are well represented in Genorah with a justifiable holding."

Bengwenyama Minerals has no holding in Genorah, the Bengwenyama-Ye-Maswati Royal Council and the Roka Phasha Tribal Authority would be the only shareholders in Genorah that represent the community.

Stagman
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.