DCC 0.00% 5.4¢ digitalx limited

Yes, BTC is essentially unusable as a currency now as the block...

1. 75 Posts.
    Yes, BTC is essentially unusable as a currency now as the block size is too small to handle the amount of TX going through, with the mempool growing bigger by the day and increasing the fees. There are fees now of over 30 bucks and that's still a slow process. Priority fees skyrocket too.

The company that took over development, blockstream, are a bunch of bankers that have in the past said that a fee market is a good thing. It's the antithesis to what BTC was originally meant for and was when I decided to cash out and stick to BCH, as I'm in it for the idea, not the money. Lightning Network claims to sort out most of the problems but it's always "18 months away", and is highly speculative, so there is a tonne of uncertainty behind it. I'm a fundamentals guy: BCH works like old BTC did. It's ultra fast and transfers across the world have cost me less than 1 cent. Its blocksize increases should grow progressively a!ongside Moore's Law so space won't be a problem IMO, and 2018 has a lot of exciting stuff coming, eg BCH debit cards and Bitpay supporting BCH payments. Ignore the slurs and noise, and research the coins.

As always do your own research and make your own decisions on these things. These are my opinions on the situation and I'm not some expert. It's interesting to look into all this stuff tho, the scaling debate has been going on for years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.5¢ 5.2¢ $24.15K 450.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3714 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 94199 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.