XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

so where is the market heading

1. 2,473 Posts.
    so where is the market heading the coming week?

the buying in the dow last night was light but enough to get it up above 13500. dax was strong as was the asx yesterday despite the fall.

who agrees we'll probably see a bounce early in the week but the end of the week could be uncertain.

from a technical perspective i think the DOw needs to get up there and test those highs again now that its had a pullback. i thought from the graph that it needs to get to around 13750 as that is roughly 1000 pts from the bottom of the last pullback and also coincides with the bottoms in the last correction last yr.

i'm currently long the FTSE, strong metal prices and an anticipated strong day on the asx on monday should push the FTSE back up, though the DAX looks good too.

does anyone think that the rally the dow seen at the end of the day was significant? looking at the intraday graph, it fired up to 13512 fairly early in the session, then dropped down and then gradually rallied back up. being that volume was very light in the afternoon due to public holiday does anyone think this was significant? i'm undecided.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.