COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

so wheres chinas massive demend now, page-44

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    re: so wheres chinas massive demand now... jamiroq Hi Jamiroquai,

Good article.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Field/jan032007.html

Better reading than Ganns rantings with his 200year Captain Cook charts. LOL!!

As a holder of BHP and for a few years, I have taken a keen interest of the base metals markets, in particular Copper.

Remember last year when that Chinese trader took a massive position in the forward spot price of Copper and lost? China, at first said they didn't have anyone representing them and then finally admitted that there may have been a trader involved.

The point is they had to deliver at certain intervals to meet those contracts. The traders and fundies deliberately forced the price up over a period of a few months knowing that the Chinese either had to honour the contracts.

Over the last 5 or 6 months there was also alot of speculation that China have been systematiclly of loading physical copper onto the spot market via the Shangai and London Metals Exchanges to deliberately
    make it appear that China's demand for copper is falling. I did read a couple of articles on Kitco.

You only need to compare the price with inventory for both 6 months and 1 year to see that it looks extremely well orchestrated.

Yet BHP is pushing out more than it can keep up with to China.

This is BHP's presentation with regard to Copper and Olympic Dam.

The first part has some interesting statistics about Copper Demand for China going forward.

Worth the read. In particular, the graphs.

http://www.bhpbilliton.com/bbContentRepository/200612180872/olympicdam2006.pdf

Now according to a number of those Graphs, BHP has got it so wrong or the Chinese are telling "Porkies" with
    the analysts and media following it hook line and sinker.

They both can't be right.

My money is on BHP anyday.

Cheers markco2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.