BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

So why did they raise $28M ??, page-16

1. 9,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3497
    @Coit

no definitely not mutually exclusive. mentioned as much in my earlier posts

there's no doubt in my mind that there was capital required to grow the business - that the monster deal was in the offing (as we;ve now seen) - and that investors wanted to fund the growth

there are no unforgivable porkies ive seen - even imminent

its a matter of nuance - in the run up to a cap raise it was touted as no cap required unless there was a demand driver which would offset the dilution fear that would otherwise put downward pressure on sp)

then once the big raise is well past we're seeing that it was likely a function of company desire to do it - certainly size of raise - rather than the challenge of meeting truly outrageous product demand which is what the earlier positioning implied

all this goes to understanding how mgt ticks

if id thought it was outright fabrications at any point you wouldnt find me in the stock

no - its just there's been some shading of the flavour that wasnt fully transparent about the multiple motives imo

this would have led to some retail holders buying at 40c when instos were selling

and it equally tells me $28m was in probability as much or even primarily about board wanting to bank cash - rather than being the counterparty requirement or for meeting short term forseeable inventory demand

to me it paints a picture of solid demand growth and mgt positioning a bigger business to try to build it higher - rather than outrageous 'this stuff's going out door so fast' iphone style

as for the questioner - you could well be right. was just my interpretation.

think BUd's done an excellent job in moving fast to get global coverage and believe uptake will grow into and exceed the expectations theyve set over course of the year.

but my take is their positioning choices - including size of the raise implied being attached to near term inventory demand - consciously overamplified those sales expectations in the very short term

but like i say - quibbles about what how and how much to me are now rearview.

so long as the bones of it are all real and solid and I believe they are - its just helpful to know the game within the game so I can interpret future activity

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.