So you don't think there is anything after you die?, page-139

1. 27,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I have always held the view that an essential part of living a meaningful and fulfilling life is to do what we can to help others do the same, so I don't believe that we have a conflict in beliefs in this area.

The difference between us is I believe in the human spirit and its eternal nature.
    I can't say that you are right or wrong. All I content is that neither of us really knows. As you point out to me: "You are awaiting empirical evidence, so there's not too far we can take such a conversation beyond agreeing that every moment counts."
    What I am pointing out is that irrespective whether or not you are right, the best approach for this life is to lead it as if we and others have nothing other than this life. Otherwise who the hell cares? - there's always tomorrow. This is really the same position that some assume that I should take - who the hell cares because it's only temporary. My use of an analogy tried to point out that a temporary nature of life does not imply this as all, but rather the contrary which is the point that we appear to differ.
    Last edited by whereu: 12/11/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.