So you don't think there is anything after you die?, page-153

1. 18,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Copperbod
    I am part of the 'hippie generation' and have children and grandchildren and have noticed a sense of 'letting-go' happening, although I am fit and well - so this is very personal, I guess - and having lost someone loved fairly early in life also taught me a lesson, namely that life is impermanent; (we all know that but it doesn't seem to sink in). I have also been through the school of 'new-age pixieness' via my children and grandchildren - probably myself included - hence Eastern philosophies and I are not strangers. I believe that letting go of any personal attachments to anything material, even people is the ideal, meditation should lead you to. I have my personalised version, which is realising that we are one with the world and everything living in it - realising that letting go of things (however much 'fun' things are, but apart from minimal necessities they are distractions and toys), and letting go of attachments is actually a less painful way to live; easy to say, difficult to do, but it's a matter of mental discipline. Afterlife? I am not certain, according to the deal I made with my deceased husband, there is 'something' on the other side, but whatever it is, is unfathomable for our little minds.
    I do have a friend who is convinced there are aliens who have contacted earth in the past and maybe are still trying to contact us now (though to my objection, that no 'sane' creature would want to have contact with 'us' she has no answer) and she is a perfectly reasonable human being in many other respects; she believes on death we simply change into a different energetic form and talks of 'passing over' rather than death.
    The fairy tales about punishment and reward in the afterlife various religions invent are simply designed to keep our lower instincts in check whilst on earth and to keep us manageable for a priestly class; many of the originators/representations of God on earth did not intend to be the progenitors of power structures, such as most religions have become.
    I loved the jokes about Purgatory - I guess we all have our own private versions of it.
    NOW that would be an interesting thread.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.