So you don't think there is anything after you die?, page-157

1. 8,407 Posts.
    Thanks for taking the time to share some of your personal experiences and current understanding.
    I think we may have previously met in the back of a Kombi ... did you have lovely long red hair ??

Just kidding. For some unknown reason I was never really convinced by revolution and "flower power" as a way towards "enlightenment", though I did meet quite a few hippies of all sorts and did have a Kombi !

There is a view that "meditation" for someone well prepared is an opening to a higher but unknown "energy" that, depending on the preparation, may also begin to have an influence in one's ordinary life. As such, any preconceived aim or expectation of a particular result, is one of those attachments that sooner or later needs to be let go. Though of course they are necessary as a place to begin.

I also feel if there is anything in us able to survive physical death it will definitely not be the myriad personal attachments, concerns and preoccupations that have meaning only at this level. That includes what we ordinarily regard as "ourself".
    What it might be that can survive is indeed a question. Many people are barely able to survive a pin prick or someone disagreeing with a pet belief !

Sometimes Christians talk about the first death ... "dying to oneself" but then continue to pile more attachments on top of those already existing.

Thank goodness we don't make that mistake !
    Last edited by Copperbod: 14/11/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.