So you don't think there is anything after you die?, page-165

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "Dante's Divine Comedy writes about the 7 Terraces of Puragtory which are basically the seven deadly sins or "seven roots of sinfulness": Pride, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Avarice (and Prodigality), Gluttony, and Lust

In today's modern age - are these 7 sins an understatement or an overstatement?"
    Everything's upside down these days. The famous "sins" have now become essential attributes.

Pride ... Over the top high fives for little darling Justin after his first squat on the pottie. He never recovers from this.

Envy ... Marketing, sales, Capitalism and anarchism would be dead ducks without this admirable trait.

Wrath .. AKA justified road rage, "the Devil made me do it", "I had a deprived childhood". If it's good enough for Jehovah it's good enough for me.

Sloth ... Well we need to pace ourselves in this demanding modern world. Especially when the footy's on. The boss won't notice.

Avarice (and Prodigality) ... That's what makes the modern world go round ! Greed is good.

Gluttony ... Are you suggesting the Western obesity epidemic is not a good thing ... besides "I'm just big boned and it's because of my genes".

Lust ... Ah, good old lust ... it used to be quite simple, straight forward and mostly to do with men and sex ... now it's become "if you want it, you deserve it .. so go get it ... and make sure to get more than you need !"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.