so you think a soul doesnt exist?, page-17

1. RM
    7,446 Posts.
    cmte animals do have souls that is pretty clear,

now whether an animals soul will continue on after death, there is not a knockout argument either way. There have been some famous scholarly Christians such C S Lewis and James Herriot who believe that such is the case. These were honourable Christians who followed the faith and were not part of some Cult or modern angelic worshipping fantasy.

humans have stewardship over the animal kingdom this is a priviledge given to mankind by God but like so often as with many other aspects of life abuse reigns supreme in this world.

Some Biblical quotes compiled on the matter to help you decide cmte, the sticking point is that it doesnt clearly spell out the soul of an animal IS eternal or not.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21:
    “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath (literally “spirit“); humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

Job 12:10
    “In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath (literally “spirit”) of all mankind.”

Genesis 9:9-10

“I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you 10 and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth.”

Genesis 9:16

“Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Genesis 6:19-22
    “You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.” Noah did everything just as God commanded him.”

Genesis 1:30
    “And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.”

Hosea 2:18
    “In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.”

Luke 12:6
    “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.”

These verses show the God has care and value for all his creation.

In the following verse it clearly shows that animals will exsist after the return of God with Jesus second coming.

Isaiah 11:6-9,

“The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the cobra’s den, the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.”

From my perspective I suspect an animal would have a greater chance in going to heaven compared to a cultist or heretic or atheist.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.