CSV 0.00% 30.5¢ csg limited

so you want leverage? is 10x enough??

1. DSD
    15,761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I spent June studing my portfolio. I had many criteria but essentially i wanted the lot i.e. exc value, divs and growth potential. I wrote several posts on general thread how i reckon the cream of the IT sector offers the best potential as we enter the reporting season.
    Among the companies i studied was CSV. I re-read all their ann several times. The figures and forecasts looked fantastic, but couldn't fathom how their 'print division' could be so lucrative. It was a one-line post from goalfer on 18/06 re a presentation in Singapore by CSV CEO that opened my eyes to the massive leverage available to CSV esp in New Zealand. It's best to watch the clip yrself but he explains how 'going colour' lifts earnings directly.
    Printers are hired-out to thousands of firms on 4 year contracts. CSV now control 2 from 3 of the biggest brands. Until a few years ago the vast majority of printers rented were only 'black and white'(B&W). After introducing machines that offerred both colour and B&W CSV has watched the frequency of colour prints grow and grow. Last year in Aus it reached 25%. In NZ where CSV is dominant supplier only 5% of prints are colour. This is because majority of machines are B&W only. These are being replaced with printers offering both options and you guessed it... Gen Y have to have colour for their work.
    So what's the advantage to CSV? B&W prints cost user 1.5c per page. Colour is 10x that at 15c/page! Good enough for me.
    PS. The printing division at CSV is less than half the entire business. However, both other divisions are booming and i expect a very strong result this month including a tripling of final ffr div. Watch the clip and dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.