ECS 5.56% 1.9¢ ecs botanics holdings ltd

Soap Box, page-389

1. 365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 262
    I understand that ECS operates as a white-label producer.

Although, I am unsure if this refers only to growing ECS strains and having them packaged under other brands, likely using the ECS strain names e.g. Murray Sherbert, Green Gelato, Amnesia Haze… Or, with these new PCEs as well as existing well managed growing facilities, is ECS growing other brands strains to then return to them with their own packaging? E.g. X brand provides ECS with their seeds/cuttings, cultivated on site at ECS, then packaged using that brand and sent back to them, so basically getting a ‘cultivation, processing and packaging’ commission/fee.

Given the substantial number of brands and products popping up in Australia, removing the risk of actually being responsible in selling the product and being removed from the fluctuation in pricing, could be a de-risked play.

ECS has the facilities to do this, but are they? Or are they only growing and pushing their own brands?

I think of it like a contract manufacturer for pharmaceuticals situation. But 100% Australian, high quality, organic etc etc.

Do people think that this is/would be a profitable corporate strategy? As from my view, it is substantially de-risked and perhaps a service that isn’t available locally. Given the scale of ECS operations as well. Obviously don’t collect quite the margins on own brand products, but it does provide a guaranteed income stream regardless of market conditions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.