soccer ** move with the times, page-39

1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    Dust...I'm sure you'd like 10 goals per game.

You better stick to AFL mate, there you can see 10 goals per game and be happy.

It's obvious you don't know much at all about soccer.

There's joy in watching goalkeepers making saves, defenders defending, midfielders trying to break down a defence, strikers hassling a defence. They all play their part.

One thing I'd like to say is that there are so so many games played each week, almost each day. For every 0-0 game there's a 3-1 win somewhere else.

As I said, people that don't know anything about soccer always complain about the lack of goals.
    Just like people who don't like cricket complain that it takes too many hours to play the game.

I don't mind 1-1 1-0 2-0 or 0-0. My team might be leading 1-0 but there's always the threat of the opponent scoring. Every time the opponent charges forward it gets exciting and nerve-wracking.

Rather that than your team leading by 50 points in AFL, no point watching anymore.

Close games draws crowds. It is no wonder soccer is the most popular sport. A 0-0 game is close up until the last minute. Any team can score one and snatch victory. One corner, one freekick
    A close game up until the 4th quarter is very exciting in AFL aswell, a blowout is not. Fun once in awhile but not very exciting. Hardly makes your heart race

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.