soccer is exciting because there are never large margins for...

1. 4,271 Posts.
    soccer is exciting because there are never large margins for mistakes. Every tiny move a player makes has some impact on the game, some times a fatal one. Players have to be even more skilled now that they are taller and fitter (remember, both sides have developed similarly).
    Once you begin to change things like distance between goal posts and dimensions of the field you cut down that narrow margin for mistakes. As it is, the game has to be very fast and very skillful.
    Comparing the World Cup with the Olympics, where dozens of individual sports are played, is ridiculous because the point of each of them is vastly different: Olympis is to bring the world's countries together in the spirit of harmony, participation and peace and where all countries can have a chance of feeling proud about some achievement, the World Cup has the single purpose of competition and of winning. Judging by Turkey's behaviour a few night's back, peace and harmony was not in the radar!
    I love soccer but I also follow AFL. I find rugby "low, low, low" and as for American football! "lower stil, lower still, lower still." I'd rather watch beach voley ball (or is it b it ch?)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.