Still have zero interest in the English plastic league. It...

1. 2,476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Still have zero interest in the English plastic league. It perhaps should it be renamed the English 'pretend i'm a fan' tourist league?
    There's quite a funny father and son youtube duo that are English football fanatics that basically bypass the EPL and just head to Scotland for games as it is still 'real, as they describe it. What's interesting is that when they rated the best derbies in Britain, Celtic v Rangers handsdown no 1, while they placed Man U v Man City as the worst. Just a tourist non-event. The Dundee derby was the most under-rated. In all honesty I still maintain the average football fan here is being fed media lies that the EPL is some kind of god-like league. It's not. After living there, Scotland and in Italy, I can honestly say most of the games I went to in England the atmosphere was no better than say Sydney FC vs Newcastle jets. The Sydney derby atmosphere was heaps better that when I went to see Man u v Liverpool. Scotland was excellent, but only the big matches.
    Italy is still the real deal. Great, crazy matches there. Also got myself killed in Napoli.

The a-league quality this year has been fantastic. I've been to all the Mariners home games, even though I'm a Sydney FC fan and it's been highly entertaining. Very under-rated with amazing youth talent.
    Give me this any day. Live, entertaining football. Just that VAR still sucks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.