MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Social problems in the area near Nachu

1. 10,912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1748
    Does anyone know if the civil unrest in the areas around Nachu has been dealt with?  Ruangwa is the closest town to Nachu.

I am concerned from an investment perspective that Nachu may turn into a lawless region and put the whole MNS project at risk if the area descends into chaos. At this point the unanswered questions make me refrain from considering putting my money near MNS.

I also wonder whether MNS plans to take any steps against the neglect and exploitation of children. According to this article, representatives of Ruangwa recently attended a forum on the topic.

Did you know that violence against women has been increasing in the Ruangwa area, compared to the rest of the country?

This article points out that there is increasing incidences of HIV in the area of Ruangwa.

It seems to me like there is a lot of issues which MNS does not discuss in its announcements.

I understand there is a form of government backed insurance against things like civil and political unrest, in fact the German Government Guarantee programme does that. Has MNS raised any views about whether it will seek this type of support?

I'm just really concerned that MNS is located so close to civil unrest, increasing HIV, violence towards women and violence towards children, as discussed in the recent media articles above.

I am hopeful that MNS will address these issues: (1) How it intends to be a good corporate citizen in the area; and, (2) How it intends to mitigate against the risks outlined above.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.