social security

1. jaw
    608 Posts.
    I don't know what got me thinking down this track but here goes.

The social security system is a 'safety net' for those who can't work to derive income, so, it's basically just a form of insurance we all pay, and hope we don't need to use. The trouble with all insurance, is that abuse by just a few, blows the cost through the roof for those who choose to remain insured.

It's fine to declare that everyone has rights etc, but when the drain on public coffers is so large, we have to endure an understrength health system (insurance again), even the altruistic lefty, must ask questions.

Going forward, with the baby boomers not even in the picture, reliance-wise, how are we ever going to afford our future?

My guess for anyone who's going to be retiring in 5 years and on is, make sure you've looked after yourself financially, because I don't believe the social security system we have now is maintainable.

What about a system where, the amount of money you've taken out, in the form of social security, pensions etc. is taken out of your estate when you die?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.