over the years I have developed nothing less than a very...

1. 80,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    over the years I have developed nothing less than a very suspicious streak about experts, expert opinions and 'professionals' --

seen far too much damage from people with bits of paper on their wall -

one thing I saw about a year or so back was an article where 'dentists' (some dentists) were suggesting that not rinsing out our mouths when finished cleaning with toothpaste was a jolly good idea - instead of rinsing - holding the used paste and saliva mixture in our mouths for as long as we could, then swallowing it - they said, it was better for the flouride to be retained.

well ------- so -

I thought to myself - why do we clean our teeth?

surely we do it for at least 3 reasons -

1. to remove soft plaque ------ that's a given - it also releases mobs of bacteria from the teeth and surrounds
    2. to apply flouride topically - that is now a given today
    3. to stimulate blood flow etc to the gums

so - our brilliant dentists in this case - want us to retain in our mouthes a mix of used toothpaste (with flouride), displaced plaque and what must be bazillions of bacteria - of which a large amount would be potentially pathogenic -------- they want us to hold this basically dirty bilge in place then SWALLOW it ----- for the purpose of longer retention and absorption of the aforementioned flouride

hmmmmmmmmmm - personally, I have not ever liked the idea of habitually drinking a potentially pathogenic bacteria cocktail -

but, then -- I am not qualified --------- I am merely one of the uneducated swill of society -

and, thank god I never ever thought about becoming a dentist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.