AGY 13.6% 9.2¢ argosy minerals limited

sodium and zinc replacing lithium, page-84

1. 2,567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    David I assume you mean Wh/kg because w/kg and /wkg make no sense when talking about batteries, in fact no sense at all when talking about anything.
    Current LFP batteries have a power density approaching 200 Wh/kg, but NCA and NMC chemistries are up at 280 Wh/kg with some approaching 300 Wh/kg. Prototype Solid State Lithium cells are above 400 Wh/kg with potential to approach 500 Wh/kg.

Na Ion batteries being produced by JAC and BYD are on 120 Wh/kg, yes they are cheaper but EVs are heavy enough as it is without hitting them with the law of diminishing returns which is why those Na Ion batteries will only ever be fitted to the cheapest entry level EVs in China where the sticker price overrules everything else. I couldn't find the size of the battery in the JAC Yiwei but its close cousin the Sehol E10X has a 25kWh Na Ion battery to give it a massive range of 160km using the optimistic Chinese standard.

Where have you observed the general move away from Lithium in all goods? You must be living in a different world to me. Even el-cheapo solar lights use Lithium cells now, not to mention all power tools, laptops, tablets, drones, UPS systems, torches and camp lights, cordless and mobile phones, in fact anything that moves and requires more power than a button or AA cell. About the only opening for alternative battery types is in medium to large scale fixed power storage and even then more than half are lithium based simply due to economies of scale although like a couple of other posters here I would like to see Lithium reserved for mobile uses where it is most valuable and IMO irreplaceable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
0.011(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $133.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 9.6¢ 8.3¢ $761.7K 8.626M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14047 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.