PLS 1.29% $3.15 pilbara minerals limited

Sodium Ion batteries, page-10

1. 11,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2003
    As one of the posters rightly pointed out earlier this morning - any new battery tech is all about getting it up to commercial viability. And even then, is it worth the trouble when we're already up to circa 250 lithium battery gigafactories; some in operation, some nearing completion and others approved and on the cusp of a build start? And on top of that there's an announcement "almost" on a bi-weekly basis of yet another gigafactory being approved somewhere in the world.
    This sodium job is the third alternative battery type I've read about in the last week - along with zinc ion batteries and Bazos's iron ion offering. And sure, one or all might come to something in the future. But no one is going to suddenly re-tool what could be 400/500 lithium battery gigafactories by the time they are commercially viable. Its just not going to happen, given the cost and disruption unless they are magnitudes better than lithium batteries, which would, by then, be far superior in tech advancement and almost impossible to displace.
    From my perspective lithium batteries, current and future tech, have already won the race and any aspirants will be choking on lithium dust long in to the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.15
Change
0.040(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $9.480B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.16 $3.18 $3.12 $71.90M 22.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 112482 $3.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.16 320783 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.