software - ic investor

1. 4,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    HI all

Just taking the plunge to getting my first software, to take on a more serious technical and fundamental approach. Recently did some work with the software as part of a charting course and am ready to to try the market with some indicators/a trading plan in mind.

That said I was wondering if I should go for IC Inestor (the software used during the course) as their are numerous other free (incredible charts for example) vs paid alternatives. Given I haven't used any other software yet, what would you suggest? I heard the IC investor does both technical and has some fundamental analysis. More importantly you can scan for indicators on charts e.g. scanning capabilities, has a portfolio manager, simulation mode/backtesting etc.

ON the other hand its about $900 a pop for the software and a yr's data feed. Alot more than say a cheaper amibroker or free incredible charts (althouhg incredible charts is about $10-20 for the clean data etc that i would require, per month).

On the other hand it is quite aesthetic and easy to use the IC investor software.

Just wondering what other investors have used - feedback would be appreciated, as I would have no way to try all the other softwar ebefore making a decision to buy IC Investor (probably tomorrow or day after).

I am looking to invest and trade... basically i'll be in a stock to make capital gains and dividends where i can, and I"ll get out whenever the charts/signs are telling me to do so. So i'm almost an 'investor' until something tells me to get out e.g. before the share price tumbles.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.