HI allJust taking the plunge to getting my first software, to...

1. 4,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    HI all

Just taking the plunge to getting my first software, to take on a more serious technical and fundamental approach. Recently did some work with the software as part of a charting course and am ready to to try the market with some indicators/a trading plan in mind.

That said I was wondering if I should go for IC Inestor (the software used during the course) as their are numerous other free (incredible charts for example) vs paid alternatives. Given I haven't used any other software yet, what would you suggest? I heard the IC investor does both technical and has some fundamental analysis. More importantly you can scan for indicators on charts e.g. scanning capabilities, has a portfolio manager, simulation mode/backtesting etc.

ON the other hand its about $900 a pop for the software and a yr's data feed. Alot more than say a cheaper amibroker or free incredible charts (althouhg incredible charts is about $10-20 for the clean data etc that i would require, per month).

On the other hand it is quite aesthetic and easy to use the IC investor software.

Just wondering what other investors have used - feedback would be appreciated, as I would have no way to try all the other softwar ebefore making a decision to buy IC Investor (probably tomorrow or day after).

I am looking to invest and trade... basically i'll be in a stock to make capital gains and dividends where i can, and I"ll get out whenever the charts/signs are telling me to do so. So i'm almost an 'investor' until something tells me to get out e.g. before the share price tumbles.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.