The main advantage of Insight Trader is that the database has...

1. 66 Posts.
    The main advantage of Insight Trader is that the database has both TA & FA data. If you follow  some of the William O'Neil CANSLIM principles for investment eg SMSF (rather than the small cap speculative end of the market) I think Insight Trader is the best tool available for the ASX from my research. I think you get the main app, a database manager, and a portfolio manager for $795, and EoD ASX data is about $350/yr.

Colin Nicholson has used Insight Trader for some time, you can see his work at www.bwts.com.au, I've just ordered his BWTS book. He uses both FA & TA to invest.

If you're just doing TA, have a look at AmiBroker, I've used this for 3yrs now, I can't recommend it highly enough. Its well supported, cheap, you can set it up to use free Yahoo or Google Finance EoD data while your learning the software. Then buy a Norgate Premium Data EoD subscription, $360/yr, one off $90 for historical data. There is an endless amount of forums, websites, a Yahoo group, and .afl code available on line, plus the Howard Bandy book series. It can be a little complex to setup initially if you go the free yahoo data route as there are some javascript tools that need to be installed for database management. You can also import yahoo FA data and use it in .afl code in AmiBroker.

Happy researching.
    Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.