CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

solar has lost power, page-14

1. 102 Posts.
    Fair point butcherboy. I've seen the Ausgrid results:

"The 1.5kW BlueGen unit – combined with a conventional 1kW rooftop solar system and a 0.5kW solar pergola system – produced an average 32kW hours of electricity per day. Of this, the BlueGen unit produced an average of 28kW hours per day, while the average solar output was 4kW hours per day."

So, pitting a 1.5kW solar setup (intermittent) against a BlueGen 1.5kw (constant) setup was always going to be a win for BlueGen.

More useful would have been to compare, say a $40 000 spend on solar vs Bluegen in the house (inclusive of gas). My back of envelope analysis says that:

7 x 1.5kw solar systema = 28kwh per day, same as Bluegen

Cost of 1.5kw solar system = $9050 ( $2650 retail price + $6400 govt subsidy, based on NSW average)

Cost of 7 x 1.5kw systems = $63350 (This assumes a 'fair playing field' subsidy wise ie. compare with no subsidy)

BlueGen cost, is it currently approx. 30k, plus gas for 25 years (not sure of this). I know BlueGen should come down the cost curve significantly in the coming decade or two as solar has done recently, potentially to 8-12k?

Also, solar panels are gauranteed for 25 years, so I think BlueGen needs to provide say a 12hr replacement and repair guarantee. The BlueGen did fail for a period in the Smart home, remember.

Of course, Australia is not much of a market for BlueGen anyway due to the lack of pressurised 'mains' gas. The opportunity in Germany alone is more than enough to be company making for CFU I think and that Roman Duderhausen video was pretty impressive.

Just trying to cut through the spin from both sides, I don't have a vested interest either way at the moment but have held CFU before and will look to enter as a diversification stock as funds are available.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.