CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

unwho, if you want to continue the discussion - yes you're...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    unwho,

if you want to continue the discussion - yes you're right, of course its not just the Australian saying these things. Also, there is a need to faze down FiTs.

I note, however, that the figures differ in this latest article - 1000 over 20 years = 50 per year per family. The other article said something a lot higher.

This article gives an alternative persepective:

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2012/the-end-of-baseload-it-may-come-sooner-than-you-think-29425

"this comes from the conventional energy producers because they fear for their business models, and they make a lot of mis-information. In reality, in Germany the wholesale price of electricity is going down..."

"We have had a big cold winter, and France did not have enough from nuclear, so they bought electricity from Germany. We have so much that we can export it to France and help them in a cold winter so they don’t get a blackout."

Energy innovation decreases the costs of electricity. I anticipate that fuel cells can provide an excellent stabilizing effect in the grid - phased up for when the sun don't shine, and cycled down when it is a hot sunny day.

The union of fuel cells and small renewables is a match made in energy efficiency and distribution network heaven. It stands to completely chanfe the way electricity networks look. Bluegen are the new peaking plants in a smart grid that draws only on a a little wave and geothermal for baseload.

We should pray for the uptake of wind and solar - they are the technologies that will justify little gas plants in your laundry well into the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.