Interesting that a lot of comments were critical of the article...

1. 13,288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    Interesting that a lot of comments were critical of the article or the power companies. Seems that the use of Solar is popular, and people aren't happy to be told that it's their fault. One comment that was on the mark was:

"That's the problem with having too much solar in an area where the local authority hasn't got enough wires or copper in the street to hold the voltage down." Mr Hart said the size of conductors and cables in the streets would have to be upgraded "so it can handle lots of solar, versus times when there's lots of load and no solar". --- astounding... wires and copper has got nothing to do with holding th voltage down. What keeps voltage down is load or inductive devices. The real issue is power swings... imagine sunny day all PV on full output supporting the load... meaning less load from generating units. Then cloud cover comes in. i.e. all PV output suddenly drops to nil. This causes massive power swing to supply the load from generating units. i.e. generators dynamically reacts to support the load... then cloud cover passes. i.e. PV on full output again meaning generators now have to back off!. This cycle is what causes issues on the dynamics of the electricity network. Yes there is a problem, but please put in effort in researching the topic rather than relying on the most convenient source you can get.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.