GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

solar panels, page-29

1. 426 Posts.
    There are graphs on the energy output in the latest reports, I dont remember the numbers, but I know over a regular day it beats silicon. There is talk in the BRR interview about how bad the numbers on solicon really are and how fake the measuring process is. Gavin says you lose about 30% from silicon numbers from the lab to perfect real world conditions (direct noon sun), and then even more when you consider that perfect conditions rarely exist.

On the lifetime though, that depends on the exact panel. The early liquid based panels are short, like 5 years short, which is obviously an issue. Problem is the liquid is not stable, it leaks out and it expands/contracts with heat.
    There are two solutions to the problem, G24i has teamed up with a plastics group to solve it themself, they have a new super plastic which can contain the liquid better, less porous.
    Dyesol however looked at replacing the liquid, they now use a combination of salts that turn to liquid when combined and are more stable. These panels have been rated in the 25-30 year span under proper European lifetime tests. Which is comparable to silicon. I imagine this is the tech they are looking at using with all their major BIPV projects for that reason.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.