1. For solar wind to relate to global warming then solar wind...

1. 15,287 Posts.

1. For solar wind to relate to global warming then solar wind would have to show a long term trend, as tristanc has said. You have shown us papers that point to 2, 27 and up to 800 day cycles. No trend.

I have shown you a hundred papers that show solar effect correlating with regional climatic influence from the sun. You choose to ignore them.

And the science has been talking about this stuff since the 1970's and earlier.

There is absolutely zero evidence that the solar wind has anything to do with global warming over the last 100 years. No matter how much you repeat otherwise. You make zero sense.

2. You then argue that the science is not settled on the last 100 years of global temperatures and that it is only an assumption that global temperatures are accurate.

Correct there are great discussions about the accuracy of "global temperature data" the use of infill. The many assumptions on sea ice etc etc

a) Which argument do you want jopo, that solar wind causes global warming, or that global warming isn't happening? You are irrationally inconsistent if those are your points.

Both, Solar wind impacts on climate both warming and cooling, And that the global temperature data is not complete. It is made up and has been shown to.

4. And on water vapour, you have consistently failed to understand even the difference between relative and specific humidity and have provided absolutely zero evidence that water vapour in the atmosphere has not increased. And while measurement of that is challenging, the science has shown evidence that water vapour has increased, as expected.
    https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html
    https://phys.org/news/2014-07-vapor-global-amplifier.html
    But we've been through all this before and your willful blinkers remain firmly on.

...............................................................................

My text in black now

You keep saying fail to understand. I am at a loss as to why.

OLR is dependent on RH and pressure. Not SH. Peeps use SH as a proxy for RH to avoid discussing data on Pressure and RH for which is decreasing And the models assume that pressure be constant and that RH should increase slightly.

So we have OLR increasing, we have observed RH decreasing and also globally NOAA's NCAR reanalysis has shown global pressure to be decreasing.

Yes i accept that their is great discussion on the accuracy of RH. But a downtrend is a downtrend. Regardless of the error margin. You guys use this argument all the time when discussing sea level accuracy or others.

Mate something is wrong with the settled science. Your blind faith in the settled science is distracting you from observations

Anyway this thread is on the SUN and its impact on weather and CLIMATE
    Last edited by jopo: 23/06/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.