Oh, and several more problems. Modern townhouses are often built...

1. 28,486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Oh, and several more problems. Modern townhouses are often built without any eaves. Hence there is no cool air being drawn in from outside as nowhere to put the ventilator. Also Stegbar windows open outwards rather than upwards and only from the bottom. The old style windows enabled the top of the windows to be opened and the bottom the former to allow the heat to escape while, at the same time, the latter draws in the cooler air. I can also remember those. Where are the verandas on modern houses to be found? Large trees help but not up to the first floor. The pitch of the roof is also apparently too flat as well.

Given that I did not design this house and a money-hungry developer did that, I feel I have been hauled through the coals literally for the Solar Whiz people in terms of wanting to blame everything about my house. If my house was wrong to have a Solar Whiz then they should have said so. It's price is over $1,000, and I thought I should get a few degrees off the temperature for it to have been a worthwhile exercise.

grrrrrr

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.