SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

MazC, The recent news from the lending syndicate was pretty...

1. 3,827 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    MazC,

The recent news from the lending syndicate was pretty awesome in all the circumstances: pin not pulled, relatively small dilution for now, and some more time. Well deserving a nice big bounce, from low base, compared to the "likely" expectation of massive dilution almost wiping out equity.

But make no mistake this is still an absolute dog of a stock for all the reasons I have posted before, and will take a minor miracle to turn around into a long term survival uptrend, including:
    - cash negative last year / maybe borderline now / but what next?
    - dynamic against staff and client retention/attraction, especially the best, in AU - given all the bad news
    - almost certain morale and productivity issues / reputation tattered in legal circles
    - crushing debt levels
    - discredited management
    - UK is a mess, should never have been bought
    - NIHL portfolio is rubbish

The current EV allowing for debt is close to a $1b. That's a very big number for something in this situation. The damage has been done.

It's a high risk bet for longs that something will suddenly go right, like it did with the latest news from a low base of expectation, or that it will just eke out gradual survival.

I would not recommend this bet at all, though there's of course a chance it might pay. I'm out of any position, so stating as dispassionate observer seeing my name mentioned.
    Last edited by Alex999: 14/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.