CKF 1.18% $7.54 collins foods limited

Solid results - deserves a higher SP, page-12

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I have held this stock from $2.38 and watched its various gyrations over the past year or more.

The only possible (longshot) explanations other than pure market manipulation as we've seen many times before is that there:
    1) was mention of a decent chunk of performance shares to be issued at the end of this month and
    2) that the profits from the WA and NT businesses will now be paid as dividends rather than re-invested in those states.
    3) There is also possible tax time profit taking on a company that everyone should be well in front on and holders may be trying to erase losses from elsewhere. Even though you can carry the losses over, some people like to sell their winners to make them feel better when they front the accountant!

Perhaps the second point has caused for some sort of re-rate of the business as a dividend payer rather than a growth company?

Given that profits increased 20% and the share price has since dropped 20%, I wouldn't be surprised if there is another deal in the pipeline and the counter-party is trying to manipulate the price down to their advantage as we saw with the last deal for the NSW Vic restaurants.

I've taken the opportunity to buy more already and if it keeps getting ridiculous next week I will buy more.

Disc; my only worry is that I now own more shares than 75% of the directors...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CKF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.54
Change
-0.090(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $888.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.59 $7.60 $7.50 $1.250M 165.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 412 $7.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.55 15547 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.58am 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CKF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.