PLS 1.04% $2.85 pilbara minerals limited

To be fair mate I think your're missing a lot of data to be so...

1. 279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    To be fair mate I think your're missing a lot of data to be so focused on sodium.

Current lithium ion battery cells at 265wh, which installed into a modern EV results in about 150wh/kg.
    The best sodium ion battery is hitting 165 which with the same size would result in a car barely hitting 90wh/kg.

That is a significant difference, considering solid state lithium is now reaching 500+ wh per cell, we are looking at a significant reduction in weight, energy density or both depending on what manufacturers decide to go with. Prototypes are showing 800+ with lithium air and lithium sulphur (Australian chemistry) is showing 3-5x of current lithium ion, in a solid state configuration.

Not to mention cheaper sodium vehicles will put increasing pressure for infrastructure to make charging more readily available.

Very quickly you begin to see why lithium is still very much needed. Less lithium requred for the same battery size (ie 65, 85 or monster 250's for work trucks) is going to mean better throughput for manufacturers, and better options for consumers.

Sodium will have its place, having a lower cost option car may lead to a replacement of current 3 cylinder engines, not to mention home battery or grid battery options. That cheaper option is very much needed in the NEV space but the idea that lower density cells will completely upend the superior chemistry is rather short sighted.

The market for a 1000km vehicle will come, even better for a work truck that can reduce the battery weight by a tonne for premium options (ie Hummer, F150).

Good luck with your sodium play.
    Last edited by snickothemule: 14/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.85
Change
-0.030(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $8.582B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.89 $2.82 $51.48M 18.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6942 $2.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.85 129885 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.