AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

This is an article from around the time when the forum was held....

1. 291 Posts.
    This is an article from around the time when the forum was held. I don't think I have come across it. Apologies if it had been posted already.

Please note the 4th paragraph from the bottom... Now, that's new!

http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/national/19753-isabel-landowners-urged-to-work-with-their-experts

THE day two of the mining conference at Buala, Isabel province, yesterday identified the need for landowners to work together with Isabel Concerned Group (ICG).

The ICG is a group comprised of academics and scholars of Isabel like lawyers, environmental experts, geologist and others in the universities.

It is formed through social media network but still to register as a Non-Government Organisation or charitable body.

One of the academics of Isabel, Dr Calvick Togamana, who used to work for School of Biological and Chemical Science in Fiji, said there needs to be unity among everyone.

He said ICG consists of sons and daughters of Isabel who have a concern for the resources where mining would take place.

As such, he said, it is important for landowners to seek advice from them because they have a heart for their province.

According to Brain Kale of ICG, there is no proper Government police for mining development on Isabel especially for the nickel.

He said the Director of Environment had already granted mining lease to Sumitomo mining company, therefore the landowners have the right to block it.

Another member of ICG, Ernest Koti said there’s need for more information to be given to landowners to avoid what happened at Gold Ridge mine site on Guadalcanal.

He said landowners need to familiarise themselves with the mining issue before entering into any agreement with company especially on royalties.

The mining conference to find a way out on the upcoming development of mining in Isabel, ends today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.