Very good, but tough question of course.The government need to...

1. 10,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    Very good, but tough question of course.

The government need to take a good look at the way the budgets are formulated.
    Housing is not their priority, but is essential.
    Their land releases should be at a lower price, particularly for FHB's.

I am sure that a great deal of money is wasted in many areas.
    I personally feel there is too much urbanisation. It is not a healthy way to live.
    If I had any say, I would be looking at encouraging more people to move to country towns.

Sadly, we sold our farm last year as it was too much work.
    But there is a lot to be gained by living in a more rural community.
    The health care was more personal. The school was wonderful.
    Work is oh so easy to find, Unless you work in a high flying executive position.

Housing is a lot cheaper, as is land. If local shires could be persuaded to allow multiple dongas on say 1 acre blocks, this would provide much cheaper rent to get us over these bad times for tenants.
    Grants could be provided to encourage people to move.
    There are many very cheap houses in the bush that new owners could renovate and buy very cheaply.
    Just check out some wheatbelt towns in WA.

I have already touched on the small house movement.

But trying to persuade the government to invest huge sums of money in social housing, will sadly be a very hard ask. I have no answers.

Knocking investors and accusing them of being greedy etc, frankly pisses them off. It costs a great deal of money to maintain these properties. Without tax relief they will run to the hills. Many are already selling, I am gobsmacked seeing all these properties with tenants in situ for sale, very unusual.Now interest rates are higher, many with equity now prefer money in the bank.

There are always solutions, if individually people make compromises.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.