Hold your horses here. I do not wish to be offensive, but you...

1. 10,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    Hold your horses here. I do not wish to be offensive, but you have written a great spiel of words, which just proves that you have no clue what you are talking about.

You are just banging your drum to complain about how hard done by your generation is.
    It would give me a bad headache to address each point.

You do not even understand the concept of baby boomers. These were the children who were born when things started to return to normal after WW11.

OK lets look at your side of the story, I am a fair and open minded person.
    I was married at 18 years old, I was unable to work for a while as we had been in a bad car accident. Therefore the only wage we had was my husbands which was pretty low.
    I did not consider claiming benefits as nobody in my family had ever done so.

Our property, which was a very run down 1 bed Victorian ground floor flat in an undesirable area in London cost us 4 times annual earnings before tax. It was all we could stretch to.

I do not have any idea of wages or property prices in Australia at that time.
    We had an almost 100% mortgage, I cannot remember the interest rate, but we had to borrow a small amount for legal fees etc from my husbands company for it.
    But it was a complete dump. We had to decorate the whole place inside and out, fill numerous holes in the walls, have it totally rewired and carpeted, build a kitchen ourselves etc etc.

It was very hard work, but we enjoyed it. We moved on after a while to a small house, which was almost unliveable but worked on that as well for several years.
    You see, we really roughed it, but considered that you just needed to get a start on the property ladder and work your way up.

In WA you can still buy a rough house on 1/2 an acre for under $200k in the wheatbelt.
    Wages are good here in Australia, particularly for fifo jobs.

Generations here in Australia DO still have the same chances, but they all want a flash 4 x 2 a decent car and all the other nonsense.
    oh hold on a minute, where is my little violin???

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.