JKA 0.00% 0.3¢ jacka resources limited

somaliland

1. 1,214 Posts.
    "Genel have begun to establish a high impact African exploration portfolio – material positions in three new underexplored hydrocarbon basins. We have added to our core Kurdistan assets by acquiring material interests in PSCs in offshore Morocco, Malta, SOMALILAND and Cote d'Ivoire.

These all fulfill our screening criteria, offering material equity positions in high quality exploration opportunities, targeting prospects with more than 250mmbbls of gross recoverable reserves, providing a sufficient depth of exposure to the hydrocarbon basin. (Note: a number of these recent acquisitions remain subject to Government approval.)"

http://www.genelenergy.com/operations/operations-overview.aspx

Guys, i know i'm dreaming, it is a lazy Sat afternoon, but imagine JKA with 75 mmbbls reserves at say $10 bbl in ground value .Thats errrrr humungous!

And Genel thinks our Somaliland block is a 1000mmbl target

"Genel took the opportunity because of encouraging indications including onshore oil seeps and existing geological data showing favorable conditions for hydrocarbons to have accumulated in numerous large tilted fault blocks and sub-basins. In addition, the basins of Somaliland were contiguous to Yemen prior to the opening of the Gulf of Aden in the Oligocene-Miocene - similar sedimentary sequences and structural styles are expected in Somaliland.

We are targeting resources of over 1,000 mmbbls in blocks SL-10B and SL-13. The Odewayne (JKA) block has a similar resource potential to this, targeting in order of 1,000 mmbbls. A substantial 2D seismic campaign is to commence for all the blocks in the first quarter of 2013, with the first explorations well targeted for the second half of 2014"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JKA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.