XJO 0.31% 7,675.9 s&p/asx 200

This what I dont understand... we havent had a catastrophec...

1. 1,534 Posts.
    This what I dont understand... we havent had a catastrophec event!

OK some investment banks have gone tailup.... no prizes for guessing why this happend.

Some overvaluations in property/stocks... very normal.

People overleveraged... again normal, risk reward is now off the table.

Everyone now consolidating, worlds population still growing, China has introduced a massive stimulus package into infrastructure investment.

Peoples profits are down but we havent had too many industrials fail, just overleveraged banks and investors.

Sorry but I really havent seen any problems with the economies apart from unemployment rising.

The stockmarket is gripped with fear as everyweek seems to bring terrible news of more finance problems.

US behold we find out is not really a true independant market with the Government bailing out banks and other businesses.

Governments for the first time realize that financial institutions require more transparency, gee how much do you really know about the bank you have holdings in?

DJI is likely to bounce next week, why cause that seems to be what it continually does, whether it can break 9000 again depends on percentage of good news to bad. I usually check Bloomberg each day(website) and I can normally guage a up or down day due to the amount of bad news stories, 8 times out 10 this is correct.

This is a bit of a rant but really if the G20 can pull it together and continue to keep things moving and forcing more consolidation then we should see expansion into next year as things begin to settle down.

The property market is currently coming down and should keep coming down, only because the economic situation deteriotes but really the government needs to put in controls that stop the overvaluation of peoples homes. The home property market is not beneficial to the economy. Investments in businesses and new ideas and manufacturing is beneficial to the economy.

Some real fundamental changes to our outlook on life needs to change. Property speculation(not business property) needs to end and forward thinking into how we can become better business people needs continue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.