SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

some basic info, page-18

1. 288 Posts.
    Good morning squidd and All,

Mate I am with you, indeed, of not forgetting the additional 10% for the Government/Locals to take. I am well aware of that.

However, the more I give a bit of my thought on this SDL deal (as I have to admit I didn't do much of such before for I just followed the moves of KT when he was getting excited on this IO Idea in West/Central Africa) - and apply some basic mining/business-deal evaluation, the more it reveals to me and push me back to the fact that the Big Bosses will always be the Cameroons and the Congoneses.

Now that KT(or his estate) had jumped off ship, I thought I would do a bit of homework for myself (rather than just copy from someone else), and hopefully most of you here won't mind if I share my work-book for my kindy school with you.

The Table will be managed by the Cameroons and Congoneses. At the end of the day they will call the shots. They know already what's in their land, and what's available. The other side of the Table will be the SDL side and/or backed up by the Chinese/Koreans?/Japanese?/Europeans?/& of course SDL Shareholders for the CAPEX $$$.

If there's imbalance on the deal to get that 35% for the Government/Locals side (assuming the Mining Code did not change the 35% Local ownership), then that's a good opportunity for the prospective provider of Capital $$$ to support the other side of the Table to make up the balance.

And I can pretty much guarantee, that some of the smart Chinese/Korean/Japanese/European prospective Capital Provider$ are already there prepared to lock in their positions in partnership with the Government and Locals to attain and support whatever that 35% Local ownership requires.

We will see and let's wait until some of the cards are revealed to us Shareholders. The irony is that, usually we as Shareholders would be among the last herds to know - by way of announcement or media release.

The Basic Equations on Ownership of the Mine (or Farm) would be:

[SDL (100% - Mining Code/Law requires)] + [CamIron SA (Mining Code/Law requires] = 100%

[SDL (100% - Mining Code/Law requires)] + {Congo Iron SA (Mining Code/Law requires] = 100%

[ e.g. SDL (100% - 35%) + CamIron SA (35%) = 100% ]

The above is very important because such issues are usually the source(s) of major delays (on the Legal sense) and it's usually the major driver of making a Big Mining Project in underdeveloped contries to succeed or fail.

And make no mistake, the Big Four (BHP, RIO, Vale & Xstrata) know the game and tricks to win it. It's their game and domain.

We'll wait and see I guess. That's all we can do at this stage.

Have a good morning to All, and of course to the Maroons supporters & fans....LOL.

Thanks - RVINTL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.