SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

some calculations , page-15

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    sandys, I dont get where you're coming from. You appear to be outlining reasons why SSN is a ST buy, and you're sentiment is listed as ST buy. But you appear to be saying people have their head in the sand for investing in SSN when there is at least a ST profit to be made if the takeover you are implying will occur does occur.

I'm just not sure why you think people have their head in the sand. If corporate raiders are potentially positioning themselves to take over SSN, there's not a lot we can do about it. About the only thing I thing management can do is spend the cash on some new prospects/assets so the company is not such an attractive t/o target, but it will remain attractive even if they do that simply because of the acreage positions we already have.

I would strongly prefer SSN remains independent so we shareholders can in the LT realise the 96cps TB envisioned in his presentations, but if it gets bought out and we cant stop it, I'm sure we'll still make a tidy profit and thats not a bad 2nd prize.

As to the company's silence and the implied motivations of the management team. I'd suggest since they have skin in the game and this is their baby, as with most good management teams who have built something from the ground up they will probably prefer to work towards the LT prize given how low a risk this play this company now is and they've got it this far. I doubt they'd sell out now for the same reason I've outlined above that most shareholders would prefer the LT outlook for this company. That may sound like a naive view, but at the end of the day whether they do or dont we will make money - its just a question of how much. So head in the sand - I dont think so.

But one thing I do agree with you, whether the short term play is for the takeover potential or the 1st Niobrara drilling results, this stock is at least a ST buy - but I reckon its also a LT buy.

Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.