Some climate deniers should be pitied, but none deserve respect., page-487

1. 16,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8033
    "You don't have to be in any position. "

On the contrary, I deem being in a position to make a adequately informed judgement on something to be a very necessary and sufficient condition for any judgement to be made. Otherwise, if that were not the case, one would be merely talking from an uninformed basis, i.e., akin to from one's derriere, if you like.

And the reason I've not made it my business, to date, to canvass intellectual opinion about the veracity of AGW claims or counter-claims is because I happen to believe it is largely a moot subject.

I happen to believe that by far the more relevant discussion is, what should be done about AGW, assuming it is indeed a problem.

In other words, what is to be done about the source of the problem of rising global carbon emissions, given that the strong driver of marginal emissions is, as I have demonstrated on umpteen occasions using an independent and credible source (The European Union's Emissions Database for Global Atmospheric Research), rising per capita emissions in the developing world as the economies of those developing countries industrialise and modernise and as their exponentially increasing number of citizens consume more and generate more waste. (Note: I'm not blaming them, nor criticising them for aspiring to Western standards of living...it's simply a function of a natural, time-honoured path of economic evolution and development.)

You might want to continue scoring cheap points trying to discredit others who don't share your opinions about the magnitude of the problem, but I think a higher order level of thinking is required, viz., thinking directed at what the solutions to the problem might be.

Which is where I am keen to learn and why I ask questions along that very relevant line.

It's all very well one standing on the rooftops shouting hysterically that we have a problem, but its of little avail if one doesn't also offer suggestions of practical, implementable solutions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.