some confessions about my trading

1. 257 Posts.
    Hi everyone,

I would like to post a message about my trading life and some of the lessons I have learnt....(so this post is primarily about myself but it may be useful for atleast myself to letting my past out in a professional platform to let others in the same field know...may be some one new might be able to learn from my mistakes...)

I used to post quite a few ones in the begining...I learnt a lot using this forum. But did I use any of the learnings to practical use?? No... I remember one of the quotes from Paulbooma 'Make a plan and trade the plan'... I made a plan and got distracted with so many other things and made a big mess...
    My initial trade was $500 worth of AIO shares I bought and sold on the same day for $200 profit in Oct 08 (I think that was just an initial luck). That gave me just some plain confidence and I jumped on the bandwagon with $10000 of my own cash and my trading went well until June'09. In that 8 month period I made some profits and I lost some... got lots of div's. I became a sort of trader/investor and then developed a plan to keep a portfolio... At the end of June'09 I had a portfolio worth $93000 with the help of margin loan (all of them are blue chips)and I also got my original investment back. Everything seems to be so rosy and I left my job to continue on this portfolio management which was giving me around $1500-$2000 in div's/capital gains on a monthly basis...
    And then I got greedy and wanted to make some quick buck...because i felt so confident that I can play and win in this market... I closed out all my share positions with $25K in cash and jumped onto trading forex and indices... Guess what I didn't even able stand in that market for more than a month... I lost all my cash because of my poor trading plans and judgements and kept my loosing positions until they closed out on my behalf due to margin calls...
    To compound the problems I borrowed off from some of my friends and credit card to put into indices and forex again... what a fool...
    My thoughts were like this..if I can lose 700$ in a day (sometimes it is just in minutes) than I should be also able to make similar amount of money in that time span... but I realised as soon as I took a position based on technical indicaters like MACD, RSI, Stochs and CCI on various time frames the market just took off in the opposite direction such that it'll just hit my stops and reverse to go to my target levels...
    Whenever I look at the vidoes and analysis from anyone like Robbbb, Wink, Voltaire, Totter and all others who posts here it looks so simple and achievable... Even I used to achieve them but i stepped into wrong markets and greediness blindfolded me... Now I am looking for a job for last 4 months, which seems really hard to comeby and I have gone thro some sort of a depression in late last year but I'm still not out of the woods yet... but trying to comeout...
    NikkO used to mentor me in the begining (It is good to see him back after a lengthy break) and I slowly worked out how to use this forum and contribute etc... but when i became familiar with this site...things turned out against me in my trading plan... I always enjoyed reading most of the posts here and I just feel bad that I didn't contribute anyway to this group...So this will be my last post here...But I'll try to continue reading the posts on this forum esp on General and HUMOUR section. Anyway I would like to thank each and everyone of you in this forum for your invaluable contributions and it is just an unbelievable group we have got here... I wish each and everyone of you with all the success and prosperity.

Cheers
    PMT

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.